Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Favorite Place in the World

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

I know the "fifth of May" is a relatively minor holiday in Mexico. But in the US, we love an excuse to drink a good margarita. And the very best, most delicious and amazing margarita I have ever had (next to my husband's stellar rendition, of course) is served here...my happy place...my most favorite spot on the planet...The Four Seasons Punta Mita. 

Our usual vacation spot (and honeymoon destination!) before the days of parenting, this resort is my heaven on earth. Once gracing the cover of Architectural Digest magazine, the resort is a secluded stretch of loveliness perched above the Pacific coast, less than an hour from Puerto Vallarta. It's easy to see that why it was selected as home for such a breathtaking resort. Rooms and suites are grouped in tile-roofed Mexican-style casitas and feature breathtaking views of the glittering waters of Bahia de Banderas. The gated, secluded resort has a reputation for offering privacy and amazing service- and they deliver. Every time I travel down the long, winding road and enter the gleaming, understated marble lobby with stone sculptures and a fantastic panoramic view of the ocean, my every care melted into nothing more than a pebble in the shimmering white sand. I've done my share of traveling, but I've yet to find a place that reaches in and grabs my soul quite like this amazing resort.

This only scratches the surface of what I love about the design of this resort. And I haven't even mentioned the food. I'll stop here to avoid further temptation. I have been known to book flights to out-of-the-ordinary locations after an adult beverage or two. Enjoy today's fiesta!









No comments:

Post a Comment